Resort wear. A term usually reserved for the affluent customer who were expected to spend the cold winter weeks in warm weather climates. Now those luxury locales, such as, South Beach, The Bahamas and Los Angeles are places of year round living, making resort wear a staple and a pre-cursor to what’s on deck for the upcoming spring.
Here’s a look at what’s trending for resort 2014. These looks are from top level designers and will be interpreted by labels at every price point to bring to the trendy fashionista.
1. NAUTICAL BY NATURE – Stripes, stripes and more stripes. Done in classic navy, red and white or bold black & white, you’ll be sure to find stripes that speak to you.
2. TROUSER ROLES – Put away your skinny’s for now and embrace the new easy, billowy pant that emerged for spring. Done with pleats, higher waists (look great with the new crop tops) softer fabrics prevail.
3. CROCHET – No we’re not talking about your grandmother’s doily, but a new modern take on the open weave work that always comes out for spring.
4. FRESH CROP – It’s a modern, tasteful version of the 80′s midriff baring tops. Pair this bold look with a higher waisted pant or skirt.
5. PER-SUEDED – Leather was hot for fall, now it’s softer cousin, suede is what’s trending for resort/spring. Looks fresh in vibrant colors.
6. TROPICAL PUNCH - Much more then the standard Hawaiin florals. Designers have created strong, bold botanicals to get us in the mood for tropical breezes.
7. DENIM “LITE” – The ripped, shredded novelty denim is done for now. Enter a sophisticated, light washed denim look for spring. Especially love this look with white.